httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ralf Glauberman" <rglauber...@michaeli-gymnasium.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory Index
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 18:35:56 GMT
you are forbidden to get a listing, you need to add Options Indexes to that
folder.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay H" <jay@dez-fam.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 7:39 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] Directory Index

Hello all,

I am new to this list and apache so forgive me if I don't make sense.
I am running Apache 1.3.27 on a Netware 6 server I am having problems trying
to display pictures using the directory index option.

In my hyperlink I have lets say /intranet/pictures/
This should just show the pictures index since I have no index.html file in
that pictures folder but I receive a forbidden error. The weird thing is if
I put this in my hyperlink (and in the folder)
/intranet/pictures/index.html  the html page opens. If I didn't have
permissions to the folder then why does that html page open, so my question
is why am I receiving that forbidden error and how can I take advantage of
indexing feature?

Hope this made some sense,
Thanks,
Jasy