httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark McCulligh" <mmccu...@visualtech.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Global redirect
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2004 05:10:58 GMT
Thanks I will give that a try.

I don't need to set the config file in the querystring as it will automatically come from
the domain name plus I also am using the SetEnv to force the config file.

Mark.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sean T Allen
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 9:34 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Global redirect

  Something like:

  RewriteRule ^/reports /webstats/awstats.pl [R]

  but awstats require a config file in the query string...

  so perhaps...

  RewriteRule ^/reports /webstats/awstats.pl?config=%{HTTP_HOST}

  assuming the http host matches up with the config file...

  Mark McCulligh wrote:
    Hi Group,

    I have AWStats setup on all my sites and to access their stats they enter:
    http://www.sitename.com/webstats/awstats.pl

    I want to create a global redirect or something like that, that if the user enters:
    http://www.sitename.com/reports
    they are redirected to the Awstats Perl script.

    I was wondering what is the best way to do this type of redirect. I do not what to add
a redirect line to each virtualhost record but define a global redirect record that all sites
can see.

    Thanks for your help.
    Mark.