httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Arthur Stephens" <asteph...@ptera.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd startup problem
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 01:40:13 GMT
I have tried root.root and apache.apache
They are currently set to -rw-r--r-- like they are on the server that I copied from.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cary.Conover@lawson.com
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 4:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] httpd startup problem

  What are the permissions on the log files as that is what it is complaining about that it
can not write to the log files.

  They normally reside in $APACHE_HOME/logs unless you relocated them.

  Cary D. Conover
  Lawson Software
  Advisory Consultant
  Technology Services - West Region
  Voice 972-934-0408 ext 2429
  Cellphone 214-417-8669
  SMS 2144178669@teleflip.com
  Fax 509-355-0356
  For Quickest 2 Way response Use http://www.Teleflip.com to send a message to my cellphone
number via SMS.  160 Character Messages there in a flash.  I can respond from the Phone.

  EzView URL - http://www.lawson.com/joinsupport

  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
contact the sender by reply e-mail or telephone and destroy all copies of the original message.

        "Arthur Stephens" <astephens@ptera.net>
        12/02/2004 05:36 PM Please respond to
              users@httpd.apache.org

       To <users@httpd.apache.org>, <jdyke@azimapower.com>
              cc
              Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd startup problem

  I went thru the logs again and they all appear to be there.

  Of course the httpd.conf says:
  User apache
  Group apache

  But it has always said that.

  It fails to start at bootup and from the prompt when logged in as root.