httpd-users mailing list archives

From 朱彥如 <yjc...@cht.com.tw>
Subject [users@httpd] Fw: How can apache act as both proxy server and client?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 06:17:32 GMT
Hi:
    I have set up a Apache server (version 1.3.33-2) in Intranet to act as a proxy server,
with following commands in httpd.conf:

    LoadModule proxy_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libproxy.so

    ProxyPass /hinet http://www.hinet.net/
    ProxyPassReverse /hinet http://www.hinet.net/

However, when this apache proxy server acceesses http://www.hinet.net/ (which is in the Internet),
it must pass through another proxy server (between Intranet and Internet) with authententication.

That is, my Apache server acts as both proxy server and proxy client. (I have special purpose
for this setting)

How can I specify the second proxy server in my Apache proxy server ? In addition to specificy
the proxy server, I must also give the username/password to the second proxy server for authentication.

Regards

Yann-Ju Chu
朱彥如 (Big5)
ChungHwa Telecom. Co.