httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Hemsley <chris.hems...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Timing Apache Responses
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:00:31 GMT
I am supporting an internet based application which uses Apache as the
webserver. There is an SLA in place for the application but because we
cannot guarantee the performance of the internet, we wanted to report
the time taken for a request to be processed before it returns to the
users.

I had originally thought that using the %T option in LogFormat would
provide this information but results of tests I have carried out and
comments in this mailing list indicate that the response time reported
by Apache includes sending the response back to the user.

I need a way to time the Apache responses without including the
network lag. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has
encountered a similar problem and what solutions they have devised.

Thanks,

Chris.

(Apache 1.3 on SLES 8)