httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] totally reject from hostless requests
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:20:50 GMT
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:15:56 -0600, Gustavo Córdova Avila
<gustavo.cordova@q-voz.com> wrote:
> >I have tried a number of things, but I have not yet found a way to
> >identify IP Address only requests, so my playing has been unsuccessful.

> I haven't tried it, but it might just work:
>
>     1. Use server-name based virtual hosting.
>     2. Create a default vhost for the ones which
>        don't request a specific host.
>     3. On the default vhost:
>
>            Order Deny,Allow
>            Deny from all
>            ErrorLog /dev/null
>            CustomLog /dev/null

That will work if you add a couple details:

4. List this vhost *first* in the config file.
5. Set the ServerName equal to the IP address (or anything else
really, as long as it doesn't match any real name for your server).
6. You probably want to put the Order/Deny directives inside a
<Location /> inside the <VirtualHost> to make sure they are evaluated
last.

Joshua.