httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error 500
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:41:06 GMT
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:20:41 -0300, webmaster
<webmaster_dgcyc@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> When I try to access to a directory in my web server (the directory not
> contains the index file but contains download files) I receive an Error
> 500 (Internal Server Error). When I take a look to the error_log file,
> it say [Mon Nov 29 11:31:51 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Request
> exceeded the limit of 10 subrequest nesting levels due to probable
> confguration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit
> if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace..

You have a redirect-loop someplace, either in the Readme/Header files
for the directory, or in one of the directory entries.

In httpd.conf, find the LogLevel directive, change its argument to
Debug, then try again.  The error message should give you more
details.

Joshua.