httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Timing Apache Responses
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:18:22 GMT
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:00:31 +0000, Chris Hemsley
<chris.hemsley@gmail.com> wrote:
> I need a way to time the Apache responses without including the
> network lag. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has
> encountered a similar problem and what solutions they have devised.

I'm not an expert in this, but I don't think that what you want is
technically possible.

Apache doesn't construct the whole response, queue it up, and then
send it out to the client.  It constructs the response as the client
accepts it.  So the performance of the network and the client will
*always* affect the time taken to send a response.

Joshua.