httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AliasMatch with env variable
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 14:04:08 GMT
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:49:38 +0000, Richard Lewis
<richardlewis@fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Does Apache (1.3) allow me to use arbitrary environment variables in
> arbitrary places?

No.  httpd.conf is a configuration files, not a programming language.

> AliasMatch "^.*/([^/]*).css" $site_version/$1.css

Some choices:

1. Use mod_rewrite, which can look at environment variables (though
using a different syntax; check the docs).

2. There are at least a couple of third-party modules that do macro
substitution in 1.3 configs.  I believe one of them is called
mod_macro.  Check http://modules.apache.org/.

3. Use a config pre-processor like m4 to do substitution for you.

Joshua.