httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Childs in PreFork model are continueously killed!
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 18:52:13 GMT
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 22:36:38 -0800 (PST), RAJESH SEGU
<rajeshsegu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have written a module for apache.In the Request
> Handler i have returned DONE at the end. When the
> request handler function returns DONE or some where
> around that, my apache child is getting killed saying
> Segmentation Fault. This is happening only on some
> ocassions. Manytimes it works well and radomly i am
> facing this problem.
>
> Sample:
> [Tue Nov 02 21:53:48 2004] [notice] child pid 6007
> exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
>
> I have even Log Messages to track the Problem, and
> from the results i am clear that there is no error
> with my C code or have not done any invalid
> references. This has become a big problem for my
> development.

Well, it is almost sure that this *is* some error with your module, or
triggered by your module.  You should run apache under a debugger to
find exactly where the seg fault is occuring and what is causing it.

Note also that there is an apache-modules mailing list that is a good
resource for module developers.  You might want to try there.

Joshua.