httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Bradley <lu...@somnia.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Building Apache 2 with SSL on Fedora Core 2 - openssl
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:52:38 GMT
I'm attempting to build Apache 2 with SSL enabled using the following
command within the downloaded source.
Code:

./configure --prefix=/tmp/apachetest --enable-ssl
--with-ssl=/usr/bin/openssl

I'm using Fedora Core 2, and need to know where my openssl directory is
located. I've found the base location in /usr/bin but that's just the
executable.

However, the script bombs out with the following messages.
Code:

checking for SSL/TLS toolkit base... /usr/bin
checking for SSL/TLS toolkit version... unknown
checking for SSL/TLS toolkit includes... configure: error: OpenSSL
headers not found

Anyone have experience with Fedora's base install of openssl?  Does
Apache just need the executable (which is there) or the whole directory
(which I can't find)?

Thanks for any help.

Lukas