httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adrianne D Mason <adria...@raytheon.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache won't start with User Account
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 19:39:14 GMT
All --

I have Windows XP and have been trying unsuccessfully for the past couple
of days to set up Apache2 to run with my specified user account. I had
Apache 1.3 working this way under Win2000 but my computer was recently
wiped clean and XP was installed. Because this was a clean install, I
don't believe any of the old data from Apache 1.3 is affecting my
installation of Apache2. I can stop/start/restart the HTTP server just
fine using the Local System account but as soon as I edit the properties
to use my user account, I can't get the server to start.

Any ideas?