httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bagus" <ba...@cox.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite questions?
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 03:08:27 GMT

Thanks Peter,

I'm not sure where the AddModule and LoadModule lines would go. In
httpd.conf? Apache doesn't seem to like them there:

Also, as for your syntax, there's no space between Rewrite and Rule, is
there? And why the space after the first dollar sign?

Thanks, what I tried is below. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bagus

httpd.conf:

Load Module mod_rewrite
Add Module mod_rewrite

<VirtualHost 204.251.1.186>
ServerAdmin bagus@bagus.org
DocumentRoot /www/htdocs/
ServerName www.neworleansultimate.org
ServerAlias neworleansultimate.org www
DirectoryIndex index.html index.cgi index.gsp index.stm
ErrorLog /usr/local/apache/var/log/www.neworleansultimate-error_log
TransferLog /usr/local/apache/var/log/www.neworleansultimate-access_log
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.neworleansultimate.org$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$                   /ultimate$1
AddType text/html .shtml
AddType text/html .html
AddType text/html .stm
AddHandler server-parsed .stm .html
ApJServMount /servlets /www
</VirtualHost>

bagus2> /usr/local/apache/sbin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 231 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'Load', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration