httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Virtual Host trouble
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:56:53 GMT

I presume you don't understand this message or you'd have fixed it
yourself!

The fundamental problem is that you are using three different syntaxes
for defining IPs in your config, namely:

NameVirtualHost 10.2.15.89:80
<VirtualHost _default_:80>
<VirtualHost *:80>

Now *you* know that they're all the same, but apache can't - for all it
knows, you may have many IPs on the same machine and the default may not
be the same as the explicit 10.2.15.89...

To solve it, just use the wildcard throughout:

NameVirtualHost *:80
<VirtualHost *:80>
<VirtualHost *:80>

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> I'm running it on RH Fedora Core 2
>
> The access log doesn't show anything other than me trying to
> access the 2nd host by name and being given the html files
> for the first.
>
> Matt
>

> ---
>
> ##############################################################
> #######################
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY
>
> This e-mail is confidential and is intended exclusively for
> the person(s) named above.
> If it has been delivered to you by mistake, please notify the
> sender or
> info@williamfry.ie and then delete this e-mail.  You should
> not distribute or
> re-transmit this e-mail or disclose its contents to any other
> person.
>
> Thank you for your co-operation.

Diese E-mail ist eine private und persцnliche Kommunikation. Sie hat
keinen Bezug zur Bцrsen- bzw. Geschдftstдtigkeit der SWX Gruppe. This
exchange or business activities of the SWX Group. Le prйsent e-mail est
un message privй et personnel, sans rapport avec l'activitй boursiиre du
Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.