httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] https: servlet cannot foward
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 09:12:44 GMT
Plain text please...

Who is forwarding to whom, exactly? Can you please state precisely the
flow of requests in your server eg:

client -> apache -> tomcat -> jsp-servlet

the Basic Auth mechanism will only work if the client sends a
username/password header (aka "credentials"). If the client is a
browser, it will prompt the user. If the client is a JSP, you will need
to pass on the credentials to apache (check the Java API for the request
object).

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Freddy [mailto:kid@teccomm.les.inf.puc-rio.br]
Sent: Freitag, 5. November 2004 22:05
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] https: servlet cannot foward

HI I'm new in https...
I'm using a .htaccess-m file to limit the access to a folder.
the file:
--------------
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1
require valid-user
AuthName server2.modulo.com.br
AuthUserFile /opt/iplanet/servers/users.reportsmanager
--------------
When my servlet try to do forward to a jsp in this folder  - via
request.getRequestDispatcher(<jsp>).forward(request, response) - he
receive an error "forward fail".
If I remove the "require valid-user" from the .htaccess-m the
application works well, but I need the "require valid-user".
Does anyone know how can I do this??

[]s
Freddy
Frederico Silva Guimarães