httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems when 'nc ' entered into a field on a form
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:44:26 GMT

The form is submitted by HTTP. It's a request for a URI along with a string of key-value parameters.
The server then executes the code defined by the URI and feeds it the parameters. Then it
sends whatever comes out back to the client.

The URI can lead to a CGI program or a PHP page or an ASP page or a proxy request to a Tomcat
server running a JSP or any number of things. If at any stage the thread or process handling
the execution of the code encounters an error condition you'll get an "Internal Server Error".

There's a bug in the PHP page.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle