httpd-users mailing list archives

From ms...@freezone.co.uk
Subject [users@httpd] mod_dav word readable permissions?
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 18:57:49 GMT
How can mod_dav be configured to write files with world readable
permissions?

We write files to our server using DAV, where they are used by CGIs.
The CGIs run as users' IDs using suEXEC but the files are written by
DAV with Apache's ID.

I already gather it's not possible to write files with users' IDs using
DAV: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.user/39363

This isn't a problem, except that the files are written with
permissions 640, so the CGIs are unable to read them.

I read somewhere that mod_dav uses umask 007; how can this be
reconfigured? How can mod_dav be configured to write files with world
readable permissions?

We run Apache 1.3.31 & mod_dav 1.0.3.

Thanks!

Jack