httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leach, Henry" <HLe...@cc.ucsf.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Web Site
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 19:16:02 GMT

So in a nut shell, even though I will have different IP Addresses, any other
web site listening on port 80 will have to be moved to another
port....provided I want Apache on port 80?

-----Original Message-----
From: Emyr Tomos [mailto:Emyr.Tomos@bbc.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 11:13 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Web Site

Ok I'm a little curious about something - two IP addresses?
Surely the only way a single machine can have more than one IP address is to
have two separate network interfaces - like two ethernet cards?
Even if you could set one interface to answer to two different IP addresses,
surely there would be only one port 80 between them?
Sorry again for going off topic - this piqued my curiosity as it's a little
lower-level than I normally go and goes against my (slight) understanding

em