httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steven Hajducko <Steven.Hajdu...@DigitalInsight.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache, Samba and authentication.
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:13:36 GMT
We're having a bit of a fix here at the moment.

We have Apache 2.0 running on AIX 5.2.  We're using samba to authenticate
against an NT domain.  Everything in the setup is working fine.  The problem
comes in that for every image on the page, apache tries to authenticate
again.  Which means that it goes back through samba to the NT domain, each
and every time.  This slows down the connection performance quite a bit.

Is there anyway to get apache to cache the authentication?  We've tried
mod_authenticache, but it just core dumps and we haven't been able to fix it
yet.  At the moment, we're looking for any other solution.   We've tested
with LDAP and Active Directory and we got it to work there, but
unfortunately, we have to wait until our MIS department moves over to AD to
be able to implement it that way.  We also tried looking at winbind, but it
requires PAM and we're not about to but that on our AIX boxes.

Any hints or points in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

sh