httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Emyr Tomos" <Emyr.To...@bbc.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] escaped input mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:43:41 GMT
>I agree whole heartedly. With respect to search engines, I have not
seen any
>evidence that they care about keywords in URLs. Particularly Google. (I
have seen
>lots of people state that this is the case, but no evidence).

Once worked with a guy who got his tiny travel insurance website to the
very top of google by a combination of meaningful urls and keywords; as
for humans reading it I'm agnostic - news online was too huge to even
think about it, and anyway if a site is properly linked and navigable
who cares? But on my current project we're spending a lot of effort
convincing users that a dynamic site is static; go figure.
Sorry if this is wandering off the topic - just felt an obscure need to
stand up for cakes ;)

Regards
em

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ - World Wide Wonderland