httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Williams, Allen" <awill...@harris.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Connecting Apache and Tomcat
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:45:41 GMT
Andrew,

Thanks.  What does all that rewrite stuff mean, and is there somewhere it is
documented?  When the directory one is going to contains a .xml file for the
Tomcat context, do you need to explicitly call out http://hoststuff/someapp.xml
<http://hoststuff/someapp.xml> , or can you use http://hoststuff/someapp
<http://hoststuff/someapp> ?

And, presumably, you can put the URL in an HTML page to produce a regular link
(as you can tell, I'm sort of new to web programming)?

Thanks,
anw

-----Original Message-----
From: beyaNet [mailto:andrew@jibeya.com]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 2:04 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Connecting Apache and Tomcat

Alan,

try this:

1. http.conf

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule (.*)\.(xml|xsl|kont|jx|xsp|css|js|mp3|m3u|jpg)$
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/$1.$2 [P,L]

ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/

2. workers2.properties

[logger]

level=DEBUG

[config:]

file=${serverRoot}/conf/workers2.properties

debug=0

debugEnv=0

[uriMap:]

info=Maps the requests. Options: debug

debug=0

[shm:]

info=Scoreboard. Required for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess
servers

file=${serverRoot}/logs/jk2.shm

size=1048576

debug=0

disabled=0

[workerEnv:]

info=Global server options

timing=1

debug=0

# Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )

# can be overriden to a file logger, useful

# when tracing win32 related issues

#logger=logger.file:0

# Log file, replace APACHE_HOME by your Apache installation directory

[shm]

file=${serverRoot}/logs/mod_jk.log

size=1048576

# The load balancer

[lb:lb]

info=Default load balancer.

debug=0

[lb:lb_1]

info=A second load balancer.

debug=0

# Server 1, override port and host.

[channel.socket:server1:8009]

port=8009

host=localhost

# Server 2, override port and host.

[channel.socket:server2:8009]

port=8009

host=localhost

# define worker for server 1

[ajp13:server1:8009]

channel=channel.socket:server1:8009

group=lb

# define worker for server 2

[ajp13:server2:8009]

channel=channel.socket:server2:8009

group=lb

# Uri mapping

[uri:/your-cocoon-application name/*]

group=lb

3. make cocoon your root application in whatever container it is you are using

4. http://www.mysite.com/ - will give you index.html on Apache

5. http://www.mysite.com/somefilename.xml - will jump you straight into your
application. Hence no need for
http://www.mysite.com:8080/cocoon/your-cocoon-application name/somefilename.xml