httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dov Rosenberg <dov.rosenb...@conviveon.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache not responding
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:32:32 GMT
A couple of thoughts regarding your problems:

* Do you have enough physical memory to be running 250 worker threads at
startup?

* How many threads are being created during the course of the period just
before the server locks up.

* Does your setup include any mapped drives - it looks like there is some
errors relating to a network name not being available. NT/2000 has a hard
time if a mapped connection disappears on its own. It insists on looking
endlessly for the connection.

* which MPM are you running? Verify that the MPM you are running is
correctly configured for the number of threads you are running.

* Upgrade to the latest build if possible

--
Dov Rosenberg
Conviveon Corporation