httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Harrell, Roger" <rjhar...@bechtel.com>
Subject [users@httpd] <Location> and ForceType directive behaving oddly
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:58:38 GMT
Ok, here's the situation. I frequently use configs in both httpd.conf and
.htaccess such as:

	<Location /filenamt>
	ForceType application/x-httpd-php
	</Location>

or
        <Files filename>
        ForceType application/x-httpd-php
        </Files>

respectively to allow scripting with URLS not containing ?s and other
special characters. So that way I can have a URL:

http://www.somedomain.com/filename/variable1/variable2

and so forth. I've had this working for several years, and just went to
implement another script in the same fashion and it doesn't work.

It's on the same machine, but a different <virtualhost> as several other
domains that have this working. When I go to:

http://www.somedomain.com/filename

It behaves properly, but if I go to:

http://www.somedomain.com/filename/variable1

I get an Object not found error (404). The error logs show the 404 on:
http://www.somedomain.com/filename/variable1

I've checked the configs and can not see anything that is different. Anyone
have a clue what I might be missing?

Thanks,
Roger