httpd-users mailing list archives

From The Disguised Jedi <disguised.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] DSL configuration
Date Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:30:11 GMT
Well, Microsoft just put out SP2, and it brings up the performance
two-fold.  It is FAR superior to 98, so I STRONGLY recommend
upgrading.  But, whatever...the choice is yours!

Speaking of memory, have you tried it, or just heard this from others?
 512 MB gets me along just fine, and I run a test Apache environment
on this box, and I also run games, Office 2003, and others!  You can
reduce the memory by disabling features that a server won't typically
need, but XP is based on the NT kernel, which is great for servers.
All things taken in, you should upgrade to XP.  If you can't, at least
go to 2000, 98 is horrible.

Hope this helps,
--
The Disguised Jedi