httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jan van den Berg" <janvdb...@solcon.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] Scaling Apache
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 16:35:14 GMT
Hi,

Im looking for some expertise regarding an Apache setup.
I have the following in mind:

           	    LoadBalancer
		      /   |   \	 \
		      FE  FE  FE ...
		       \  |  /
			  Master

                     SAN

The FEs are the Apache frontends which handle the http requests. All the
different websites data is stored on the SAN, which only has the master
server connected trough GFS (or any other Filesystem). The FEs have
access to the data trough an NFS mount.

Is this an ideal setup, how can I make this better? What are the things
I should keep in mind (pitfalls etc.)?
Im asking here since I cant seem to find info regarding using Apache
with a SAN and Im looking for a way to scale Apache (and share the
load). The FEs are easy to pull out and replace or FEs can be added.

Jan