httpd-users mailing list archives

From Duncan Brannen <...@st-andrews.ac.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.52, mod_auth_ldap & RemoteUserIsDN
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:26:00 GMT

Hi Folks,
	I'm looking at moving to Apache2 but having some problems
with a difference between the old 1.3 auth_ldap module from
rude dog & the apache 2 bundled one.

If you specify

		AuthLDAPRemothUserIsDN
and use
		require user uid1 uid2 uid3

then this works ok with the rude dog module but with the bundled Apache 2
module
it fails to authenticate anyone.  I have to specify

		require user uid=uid1,ou=People,dc=.... uid=uid2,ou=People,....

Is this by design or a bug?  On top of that, even with RemoteUserisDN on, my
cgiwrap'd scripts report the RemoteUser as uid1 not
uid=uid1,ou=People...  Though
I haven't tested that further yet.

Cheers,
	Duncan