httpd-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Vaughan <cur...@npc-usa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mime module in Apache
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:53:18 GMT
Whereas httpd is not a recognized command under my Debian Apache
install, I useed the command "apache -l", which produces:

Compiled-in modules:
   http_core.c
   mod_so.c
   mod_macro.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/lib/apache/suexec

So, since it is not compiled into apache, I would want to know how to
load it dynamically.
Since the modules.conf file points to the directory
/usr/lib/apache/1.3/ with respect to "LoadModule", I go there and find
that there are the following mime related files:

040mod_mime_magic.info
050mod_mime.info
050mod_mime_ssl.info
mod_mime.so
mod_mime_magic.so
mod_mime_ssl.so

There is no mod_mime.c file on the system ("find / -name mod_mime.c" at
least didn't find any). So the question again is what do I need to do?
Would it best for me to compile mod_mime in or to load it dynamically?
Or, perhaps which will be easier for me to do?

Thanks for any input.