httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Salathe <esala...@cascade.org>
Subject Fwd: [users@httpd] installation trouble can't view files in htdocs
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 19:04:26 GMT
On Nov 10, 2004, at 4:38 AM, Wyndham Kapan wrote:
> Hi, This is probably a simple problem, anyway
> I installed apache version apache_2.0.52 with php 5.0.2 on windows
> XP and
> for some reason I can't view any files but the index that comes with
>  apache.  If I type http://localhost/index.html in internet
> explorer, I get file not found.
> The error log has:
> [Wed Nov 10 04:31:46 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not
> exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/index.html
> If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

index.html does not exist at DocumentRoot by default. To accomodate
various language localizations, the index file is named index.html.en,
index.html.fr, etc. However, in my apache installation (Apache/1.3.29
(Darwin)), <http://localhost/index.html> actually does pull up
index.html.en -- even though index.html does not exist at DocumentRoot.

As a first step, try <http://localhost/index.html.en> and
<http://localhost> and report back if neither works. Also, does
anything exist in C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs (ie in
DocumentRoot)?

-Eric