httpd-users mailing list archives

From James Taylor <...@hatesville.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FilesMatch match all EXCEPT one file
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 17:28:10 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:49:04 -0800, James Taylor <jtx@hatesville.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi, quick and easy question I'm hoping:
>>
>>In my <FilesMatch> directive, I need it to match all files EXCEPT one
>>particular file, which let's say for instance is called header.html.
>>There could be a million other files in that directory with random
>>names, I just don't want header.html to be matched.  Maybe my regex
>>isn't what it used to be now that I'm spoiled with !~ and !preg_match, but:
>>
>><FilesMatch "[^header]">  doesn't seem to work whatsoever, no clue what
>>I should be doing.  There's no <!FilesMatch> unfortuntately,
>>and I'm starting to pull my hair out here.
>>
>>Using apache 1.3.9 under solaris currently I believe. Thanks for any help!
>

> Ouch.  That version is ancient.
>
> I don't believe that this can be done under apache 1.3.  Under 2.0,
> you get the more powerful PCRE regex engine which can do negative
> lookaheads, so you may be able to do it.
>
> Alternatively, tell us exactly what you are trying to accomplish and
> we may be able to give alternative implimentation suggestions.
>
> Joshua.

Oh, I'm sorry, I'm running 1.3.29 - Been a while since I've asked apache
questions :)

Anyway, we're not at 2 yet because the older custom mod_perl modules we
have aren't compatible with apache 2 yet.  That, and solaris is picky.

Basically, what I'm doing is I have Apache::Sandwich adding a footer to
all files in specific directories.  Only thing is, the sites are using
frames, and I don't want to add the footer to the header frame.  So
let's say I have:

<Directory "/web/htdocs/DIR10">
    AuthType Apache::LinkHandler
    PerlSetVar AuthClass D10
    PerlAuthenHandler Apache::LinkHandler->authenticate
    PerlAuthenzHandler Apache::LinkHandler->authorize
    require valid-user
    <FilesMatch "EVERYTHING BUT HEADER.HTML">
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler Apache::Sandwich
       PerlSetVar FOOTER /web/htdocs/footer.html
    </FilesMatch>
</Directory>

And then there are maybe another 15 directories like this one that need
the same thing.