httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Drew Broadley (Work)" <d...@iplaynz.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache, Samba and authentication.
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:37:06 GMT

Steven Hajducko wrote:
> We're having a bit of a fix here at the moment.
>
> We have Apache 2.0 running on AIX 5.2.  We're using samba to authenticate
> against an NT domain.  Everything in the setup is working fine.  The problem
> comes in that for every image on the page, apache tries to authenticate
> again.  Which means that it goes back through samba to the NT domain, each
> and every time.  This slows down the connection performance quite a bit.

My suggestion to this is having another setup of Apache on another port
and make that something like images.domain.com and proxy that through
mod_rewrite that all /img/ or whatever you images path is gets proxied
through to the NON authed server. Then reference all your images through
images.domain.com.

--
Cheers,
Drew Broadley