httpd-users mailing list archives

From Predrag Lezaic <pred...@elyminnesota.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Same document encoed differently on 1.3 and 2.0
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:19:57 GMT
Hello,

I recently started running 2.0 web server. Ever since I did that my
customers started complaining about the problems with the encoding of
their documents. I just did an experiment with one of mine customers
today and it turned out that same document that we uploaded to 1.3
server (different machine) displayed correctly while when we uploaded it
to the current site on 2.0 server, the encoding showewd with bunch of
questionmarks and both Firefox and IE 6 had problems displaying it
correctly.

Does anyone here know about this problem with HTTPD 2.0 and is there a
way to fix the problem?

Here are links to both versions:

1.3     http://www.clwsd.org/minutes/12-10-2002Board.htm
2.0     http://www.cranelaketwp.com/minutes/12-10-2002Board.htm

I know that they are Word 2000 documents saved as htm and I prefer not
to argue with customers about doing things that way. The problem in
their eye is with my server since the server at the other ISP displays
the same document just fine.

Thank you very much for any suggestions you might have.
Predrag