httpd-users mailing list archives

From Filipus Klutiero <chea...@aei.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to generate core dump file on Apache child segfault from Debian
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:25:05 GMT
Filipus Klutiero a écrit :

> How do you get a core dump when an Apache child receives a segfault?
> As in this error from my error.log, obtained with Debian Sarge's
> Apache 1.3.31-6 and PHP 4.3.9-1: "[notice] child pid 8910 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)"?
> I tried to add "ulimit -c unlimited" in the Apache start script and
> setting CoreDumpDirectory to writable /tmp, but Apache still doesn't
> produce a file there on child segfault.
> Is there something else I could try?
>
> Filipus Klutiero

For the record, I found much later that the core dumps were actually
being generated, not in /tmp, but in the directory of the problematic
PHP script. However I have yet no clue why the directive I added to
/etc/apache/httpd.conf are ignored, currently in section 1 but initially
tried completely at the end of the file.