httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Campbell <d...@cpfc.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Makefile.in and relocatavble builds on Solaris
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:34:18 GMT
Hi - I am trying to build a relocatable Solaris 2.8 package of Apache2
httpd-2.0.52.  As part of our packaging system I need to make a package
that installs in /apache2 but is built on the build system as ~/reloc/

This was easily achieved on Apache 1.3 as we could configure with
--prefix=/apache2 then edit the Makefile.tmpl and change the 'root'to
~/reloc/

cat Makefile.tmpl.tmp | sed -e s:^root.*:root=$BASE/reloc: > Makefile.tmpl

However with Apache2 there is nothing that allows us to do this, infact
there isn't makefile.tmpl.

I suspect I am missing something horribly obvious.

Thanks

DC