httpd-users mailing list archives

From jdyke <jd...@azimapower.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache question
Date Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:05:38 GMT
Anton Krall wrote:

> Guys.. Anybody know an app that would help me view in realtime how many
> users are connected to my apache and what url they are viewing? Any ideas?
> This has to be in realtime ..I want to know how many users I have online and
> since I have virtual sites... How many users, what urls are they viewing and
> from which virtual site...

Why is there such a concern to see this access in real time, by the time you
launch a browser, look at the page and before you refresh that page, they are
likley on a new page or logged out.  Are you going to monitor this 24/7?

I'm not doubting your need, and i'm sure you have reasons for what you want.
I'm just questioning the realtime need vs the reality of realtime visibility
into the pages that folks are on.

What do you intend to do with the data?  Will you take certian actions if you
see certian trends?

Jeff