httpd-users mailing list archives

From seb hould <apache...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL certifcate question
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:26:23 GMT
Why is it that the certificate that was sent back is not named like my
key? And what do I do with the CA's certficates?

Basically my old certificate expires on the 18th.  I have copied the
new certificate to the expected directory then I have changed the
CertificateFile directive to point to the new certificate.  When I
restarted Apache everything worked yet I the certificate that I could
see from my browser while visiting the site showed that it still
expired on the 18th.  I'm puzzled?

Was I suppose to create a new key? or was it ok to use the same key
originally used last year?  I mean it's only a signature...