httpd-users mailing list archives

From seb hould <apache...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] TCP 443 cheat
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 00:49:58 GMT
Does anyone know how to get around this problem:

I host http and https websites on my webserver behind a firewall
(mapped). This webserver will be down for maintenance and during this
period I want all TCP 80 and 443 requests to be forwarded to another
(minimum settings without ssl module) httpd server installed
temporarily. This will be easily done on the firewall but while
testing I cannot figure out how to have the teporary httpd listen on
443 and respond even though the server doesnt have ssl. Basically I
want all the https requests to be treated as regular http requests. Is
there any way to do this?

thanks