httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary W. Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] APXS Missing!
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 00:13:49 GMT
Basically, from my understanding mod_so.c (dynamic loading) is apxs.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Stratford [mailto:tony.stratford@wch.org.au]
Sent: Sunday, November 07, 2004 2:06 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] APXS Missing!

You won't actually see apxs in the module list - I believe it is an
associated program of some sort. It was part of the default compile of
my Apache server (2.0.49/RH8).
However, with apache 2  you do need to use --with-apxs2= (from memory,
the php compile did not work with --with-apxs)

This is my line in the php compile script:

--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache_bin/bin/apxs

Yours presumably should be: --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs

Cheers
Tony Stratford
Royal Children's Hospital web team