httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warron French" <wfre...@xtria.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] configure fails when space in directory name
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:40:26 GMT
Another simple solution that you would do for *nix systems anyway is simply encapsulate the
directory path with the "space" in it with double quotes.

I do and it works like a charm.

Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff [mailto:jdyke@azimapower.com]
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 7:09 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] configure fails when space in directory name

Jackson Pauls wrote:
> one could also mention the fact that desktop environments such as gnome
> allow people to use spaces in names seamlessly, as long as they don't
> pull up a terminal.
I hate to spit hairs, but 'seamlessly' and 'as long as', is a
contradiction in terms. I do agree that somethings make it easy for
you to use spaces, but if you want *always*, use the trusted
friendly underscore.

Ralf brings up a good point with windows compiles and there i have to
claim ignorance, since i only use binaries on windows as the compile
tools/environments in microsoft cost money.  And I never put windows in
production envrironments, but thats another discussion entirely :)

jd