httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warron French" <wfre...@xtria.com>
Subject [users@httpd] URL redirection
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 15:13:15 GMT
Can someone please help me with this issue?

I have these 4 sites:

http://www.hsmts.com
http://www.hsmts.net
http://hsmts.com
http://hsmts.net

the shortened names are ServerAlias(ed) in the httpd.conf file to the longer names.

I HAVE defined unique VirtualHost containers for the websites as appropriate like this==

<VirtualHost .......>
ServerName www.hsmts.com
ServerAlias hsmts.com
DocumentRoot /home/hsmts/public_html
etc....
</VirtualHost>

I created a similar container for the VirtualHost directive for the hsmts.net site and the
DocumentRoot IS THE SAME
for both VirtualHost.

What I need to know is how do I get the 4 above URLs to redirect to https://www.hsmts.net

CAN I use are Redirect statement like the following and do I enter that same Redirect statement
into both VirtualHost containers?

Redirect http://www.hsmts.com (or .net to do the other VirtualHost) https://www.hsmts.net

To make this more clean without the comment in between==

Redirect http://www.hsmts.com   https://www.hsmts.net

A little tidbit that may be helpful, I do have an index.htm file in the home directory for
these sites, remember... all four sites are aliased in pairs and they all 4 share the same
home directory.

I just would simply like to know if the syntax is correct and IF SO, do I enter it in both
VirtualHost containers?

Thanks in advance,
Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer