httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warron French" <wfre...@xtria.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] APXS Missing!
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:55:41 GMT
You need to check and see if it is in your /usr/local/apache/bin directory or wherever you
installed apache.

Also, IF  APACHE was installed via rpm instead of tar.gz (tarball) you will NOT HAVE apxs
on the system, which sounds more likely.

So, check wherever you have Apache installed and look for a subdir called bin, then find apxs
in there.

Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Ewington - 43 Plc [mailto:phil.ewington@43plc.com]
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 12:04 PM
To: Apache Users
Subject: [users@httpd] APXS Missing!

Hi All,

I have a server that has been setup with Linux Fedora 1 and Apache 2.0.50
and I am confused to what has been done. Needless to say, my hosting company
refuse to help me even though they set the server up!

I needed to upgrade my version of PHP and found that apxs is missing from
the server. Apache has mod_so and the current version of PHP was compiled as
a dso using --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs.

[root@ns root]# httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c