httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warron French" <wfre...@xtria.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Ports
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:35:29 GMT
In other words if he wanted to go the hard way around it he could add the port 9999 in his
/etc/services file whether UNIX or Windows and associate it with http... correct?  I mean
theoretically.  But that would be a lot of work right?

Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC
8045 Leesburg Pike #400
Vienna, VA 22182
Desk: 703-821-6110
Main: 703-821-6000
Fax:  703-827-0374

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Campbell [mailto:PCampbell@ourvacationstore.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 5:29 PM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Ports

Henry,

The 80 is implied by the BROWSER not by the server.  So essentially, what
you're thinking is the wrong way to go about it.

In order to have multiple websites on 1 IP and DIFFERENT web server
softwares, you'll have to use Apache with name based virtual hosts, and
Reverse Proxy the IIS traffic to the IIS server.

Unless you have 2 IP addresses, in which case you would just give IIS it's
own IP and Apache it's own IP.

Patrick Campbell
OurVacationStore.com
Website Administrator