httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Warron French" <wfre...@xtria.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Ports
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:27:19 GMT
I don't think you can.
That's the whole purpose to Internet Standards for port 80 for web, 443 ssl (or https), 25
smtp, etc...

Why would you want to change from port 80 on a separate server anyway.  Are you running Apache
and IIS on the same physical server?

Warron French
Sr. Network Engineer
Xtria, LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: Leach, Henry [mailto:HLeach@cc.ucsf.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 5:19 PM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: [users@httpd] Ports

Hello,

I have a question relating to Apache and the use of port numbers.
Basically, I will host two web site on one IP Addresses. One using Port 80 on IIS and another
using Port 9999 (or something  else) running on Apache. My question is:

How do I go about configuring Apache so that users to the Apache site do not have to include
the port number when attempting to access the site? For example instead of typing www.myapachesite.com:9999
I simply want to configure Apache to go to www.myapachesite.com using port 9999 (without typing
in the colon and port number).

If you also have information about doing this with IIS that would be great, too.

Any suggestions or links would be appreciated.

Henry