httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Campbell <PCampb...@ourvacationstore.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] TCP 443 cheat
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 16:32:46 GMT
Seb,

Have an seperate vhost listen on port 443 and forward it to port 80 with a
meta refresh forcing the http:// sans "s".

Patrick Campbell
OurVacationStore.com
Website Administrator
pcampbell@ourvacationstore.com

-----Original Message-----
From: seb hould [mailto:apache.ml@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 5:50 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] TCP 443 cheat

Does anyone know how to get around this problem:

I host http and https websites on my webserver behind a firewall (mapped).
This webserver will be down for maintenance and during this period I want
all TCP 80 and 443 requests to be forwarded to another (minimum settings
without ssl module) httpd server installed temporarily. This will be easily
done on the firewall but while testing I cannot figure out how to have the
teporary httpd listen on 443 and respond even though the server doesnt have
ssl. Basically I want all the https requests to be treated as regular http
requests. Is there any way to do this?

thanks