httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Campbell <PCampb...@ourvacationstore.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Web Site
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 19:06:30 GMT
Henry,

We answered this yesterday in depth...

You can't run 2 different web server softwares on the same port on the same
IP.

You have to either run them on different ports, different IP addresses, or
with 1 IP and 1 port, use name based virtual hosts on Apache and
ReverseProxy the IIS website.

Patrick Campbell
OurVacationStore.com
Website Administrator
pcampbell@ourvacationstore.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Leach, Henry [mailto:HLeach@cc.ucsf.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 11:59 AM
To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Subject: [users@httpd] Web Site

Question:
I want to host a web site on a server that already has IIS running. The
server already hosts another web site running IIS using port 80. I want to
use a different IP Address and host another web site using Apache, can I use
port 80 with Apache with this different web site using the different IP
Address or will I run into trouble. Since port 80 is already occupied by a
web site running IIS?