httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Burge <webgineer...@techemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Windows vs Linux Differences
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 06:37:35 GMT
Luke:

  Please correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't it be

    Order Deny, Allow

in BOTH cases.

  BOTH examples will allow anybody in (unless you Deny some IP).

  Your "allow" directive can have no effect at all.

  There is no difference between *nix and Win in this respect.

--John

--- "Luke Shannon" <lshannon@hypermedia.com> wrote:

From: "Luke Shannon" <lshannon@hypermedia.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 18:56:34 -0500
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: [users@httpd] Windows vs Linux Differences

Hello;

The following addition to my httpd.conf file makes the content of the folder
only accessable to the 2 IP addresses.

<Directory "/usr/apache/apache_1.3.27/htdocs/bolt">

    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

    AllowOverride All

    Order allow,deny
    Allow from host 10.208.3.117 204.225.84.27
</Directory>

I tried this is windows (no bolt, this time want to look out the whole docs
folder):

<Directory "C:\Program Files\Apache Group/Apache/htdocs/">

    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

    AllowOverride All

    Order allow,deny
    Allow from host 10.208.3.117 204.225.84.27
</Directory>

In windows people are able to get through reguardless of their IP. Is there
a difference between windows and linux I should be aware of?

Luke