httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mack Lundy" <mal...@wm.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Error Message: [warn] (128)Network is unreachable: connect to listener
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:49:23 GMT
Server:                   Solaris 8
Apache version            2.0.52
Message in error_log     [warn] (128)Network is unreachable: connect to
listener

I've searched this message in news groups and listserv archives and haven't
found a definitive answer, one that works for me anyway.  A couple of
sources say that it is a problem with Solaris 8 and Apache 2X and has to
with IPv6 and have reported that the message goes away after compiling
apache with --disable-ipv6.  I did and the messages persist.

Here is the script I use to compile Apache.

CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache_2.0.52 \
--enable-rewrite \
--enable-speling \
--enable-info \
--enable-ssl \
--enable-cgi \
--disable-ipv6
make
make install

I looked at what's included in the core and the other modules and didn't see
any reference to IPv6 so I'm wondering what is being disabled.  Other than
an announcement in the what's new in Apache 2, I don't seen any discussion
of IPv6 as it pertains to Apache 2X.

I appear to be the only one to be running an Apache 2X web server on campus
so I haven't been able to find local help.

Since the last discussion of this topic dates back to February I thought I
would see if anyone has further thoughts on it.

Thanks

Mack

Mack Lundy
Systems Librarian