httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chirag <csp...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject [users@httpd] [crit] (OS 10038)Socket operation on non-socket: make_sock: for address 127.0.0.1:80, apr_socket_opt_set: (SO_KEEPALIVE) no listening sockets available, shutting down
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:31:10 GMT
I am new to Apache Server

Just now I downloaded Apache 2 version and intalled
the MSI File in my Windows 98 machine and tried
starting the Apache Server

After Clicking "Start Apache in Console" from the
Programs the dos window closed. I moved into the DOS
window and tried to start the Server by first going
into "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\bin"
folder and then typed "apache -k Install" and then
following Output Came

[Fri Nov 19 13:13:57 2004] [crit] (OS 10038)Socket
operation on non-socket: make_sock: for address
127.0.0.1:80, apr_socket_opt_set: (SO_KEEPALIVE)
Unable to open logs

I am confused as what to do now

Is it that Apache Server cannot be installed on
Desktop Computer. I
mean standalone PC and it has to be in Internet
Server.
Thanks in advance

CSJakharia

http://my.yahoo.com