httpd-users mailing list archives

From Milan Andric <mand...@eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Timing Apache Responses
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:27:31 GMT
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 03:00:31PM +0000, Chris Hemsley wrote:

> I need a way to time the Apache responses without including the
> network lag. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has
> encountered a similar problem and what solutions they have devised.

I'm guessing that some statistics for how your server responds on a
local network might help.  You can use the ab (apache benchmarking)
program that comes with httpd to get some stats.  if you run it on your
localhost or on the same network you can get some stats that should
resemble apache's performance with minimal network lag.

HTH,
--
Milan