httpd-users mailing list archives

From Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <rauchh...@ipn-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Unable to connect to local MySQL server
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 16:22:56 GMT
I am pretty much a linux newbie and not IT export, so I hope the answers make
sense.

A) mysql.sock
The file exists: in /var/lib/mysql
srwxrwxrwx	1 mysql  mysql		0 Nov 7 17:03 mysql.sock
(is is correct that he size of he file is 0?)

B) The /etc/my.cnf includes
[client]
#password		= your_password
port				= 3306
socket			= /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

The MySQL server
[mysqld]
port				= 3306
socket			= /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
skip_locking
max_allowd_packet = 1M
table_cache = 64
sort_buffer_size = 512K
net_buffer_length = 8K
read_buffer_size = 256K
read_rnd_buffer_size = 512K
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 8M

C) I would guess the process fails when connecting to the server.
I can access with no problem to mysql with "mysql -u root -p". Also shutting
down and starting the server again is no problem.
But how can I find out whether it is while connecting or while authenticating?

The error occurs when I pont to the php file
(localhost/xrms/install/install.php. The command "localhost" shows me
correctl the Apache test page.

El Dom Noviembre 7 2004 16:30, Ralf Glauberman escribió:
> check your mysql-config, is mysql listening on this socket? does the socket
> exist? does it fail while connecting to the server, or while
> authenticating?

Reciba un cordial saludo,

IPN Spain

Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz