httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dariusz Zmokly <gl...@graff.pl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite question
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 14:40:18 GMT
On Thursday 04 November 2004 15:26, Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:36:51 +0100, Dariusz Zmokly <globi@graff.pl> wrote:
> > RewriteEngine on
> > RewriteCond  %{HTTP_HOST}              ^mail\..*
> > RewriteRule  ^/$               http://openmailer.our_domain.com
> >
> > It works but it works through external redirection. How to make it work
> > without changing the address mail.client_domain??
>
> Use a filesystem path or url-path pointing to the correct location
> rather than an absolute URL.

Target is on the same server. Mayby this IS stupid question but how to "Use a
filesystem path or url-path"? I tried to modify

RewriteRule  ^/$               http://openmailer.our_domain.com

Instead I wrote:
RewriteRule  ^/$               openmailer.our_domain.com (url without the
leading http://)

or:
RewriteRule  ^/$               /www_dir/webmailer_dir (the path to webmailer)

but both didn't work.

thank you
Dariusz Zmokly